Our water was reconnected, but we were without our downstairs bathroom. Luckily, we have an en-suite toilet and shower upstairs so we could at least stay clean. After a couple of weeks of terrible mess, we have now got a beautiful bathroom with running water, all it needs is a few finishing touches such as a mirror, radiator (on its way apparently) and a few accessories.
Now I guess you would like to see a couple of photos...
My apologies for the pixelated photo, I can't seem to find the 'Before' photo that I took. This was the bathroom as we bought the house 4 years ago. It may look nice in this photo, but believe me, up close, it wasn't so pretty.
Then this happened...
The bathroom now feels so much bigger and is far more organised. A fair few horrors were unearthed during the demolition of the bathroom. One being there was no insulation at all, which explains why the bathroom was like venturing into the Arctic. That has since been rectified, and we have some warmth, yay!
The tiled floor hid 5 (yes, five!) layers of chipboard across 3 different levels in the bathroom. Also hidden was the all important water shut off valve. It was discovered under the five layers of chipboard, and underneath the toilet of all places. Obviously easy to find in the case of a major water leak!
Thankfully, all of that is now fixed. We have a lovely new bath that is better suited to the size of the room, a built in vanity unit (which I just LOVE) and the most amazing taps and shower that I could find.
We chose to add a solid walnut bath panel and coordinating shelf behind the bath to add a bit of colour to the room. I now just need to track down a mirror and Venetian blind (hello neighbours!) and choose a few new towels and bits and pieces. That will all come with time. For now, I'm happy to have a working bathroom with running water and a flushing toilet.
I will update again when the room is completely finished!